|Exam Name||Central University Entrance Test (CUET)|
|Conducting Body||National Testing Agency (NTA)|
|Exam Level||University Level|
|Courses offered in||Undergraduate, Post Graduate and Research|
|Exam Frequency||Once a year|
|Exam Mode||Computer Based Test (Online)|
|Exam Centres||547 Cities in India, 13 Cities in Abroad|
|Application Opening Date||6th April, 2022|
|Application Closing Date||6th May, 2022|
|Dates of Examination||First and Second week of July, 2022|
|Test Pattern||Objective Type with Multiple Choice Questions|
CUET ELIGIBITY CRITERIA
Candidates who are appearing for the CUET 2022 exam must meet the eligibility criteria that is set by the Central Universities before applying for the paper.
UNDERGRADUATE (UG): Students applying for CUET are required to pass Class 12 from recognized board
|GENERAL||Minimum 50% in Class 12|
|SC/ST||Minimum 45% in Class 12|
|GENERAL||Minimum 45% in Class 12|
|SC/ST||Minimum 40% in Class 12|
POST GRADUATE (PG): Candidates applying for master’s degree must possess a bachelor’s degree from recognized universities
|GENERAL||Minimum 55% in Bachelors Programme|
|SC/ST||Minimum 50% in Bachelors Programme|
RESEARCH (PhD): Candidates applying for PhD programme must have a Master degree from a recognized university or institutions
|GENERAL||Minimum 55% in Masters Programme|
|SC/ST||Minimum 50% in Masters Programme|
Note: Candidates who have been appeared for UGC CSIR, GATE, NBHM or any other qualified any national level examination, they need not to appear for this entrance test. However, the candidates will have to register for CUET 2022.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE CUET 2022?
STEP 1: CUET 2022 Registration
STEP 2: Filling of Application Form
STEP 3: Payment of application fee
STEP 4: Print NTA CUET Application form
THINGS TO BE KEPT IN MIND BEFORE FILLING THE CUET 2022 APPLICATION FORM
Keeping the documents ready before hand helps aspirants to fill the form with minimal chances of mistakes. Here are certain things that every candidate must keep in mind:
- Identity Card: IDs such as Aadhaar Card, passport, or any other government photo ID Card.
- Personal Details: Personal and communication details such as candidate and parents name, date of birth, permanent and corresponding address, active email ID and mobile number
- Marksheets & Certificates: Class 10 details and Class 12 details (Marksheet, certificate roll number, School address and other details)
- Images: Scanned images of recent passport size photograph, postcard size photograph, signature and left thumb impression.
CUET 2022 FEE STRUCTURE
|SC, ST, PwD and Transgender||INR 550|
|OBC-NCL, EWS||INR 600|
|International centres||INR 3,000|
NTA CUET 2022 EXAM PATTERN
|Mode of exam||Online (Computer Based Test)|
|Duration||Slot 1: 195 minutes (3:15 hours)
Slot 2: 225 minutes (3:45 hours)
|Timing of exam||Slot 1: 9:00 AM to 12:15 PM (IST)
Slot 2: 3:00 PM to 6:45 PM (IST)
|Total Number Question||Slot I - 175 (140 to be attempted)
Slot II - 100 (80 to be attempted)
|Total Marks||Slot 1: 700
Slot 2: 400
CUET 2022 SYLLABUS
The table below brings the broad structure of the exam in terms of the number of questions in each section along with the duration.
|Section||Number of Questions||Duration||Question Types|
|Section IA||40 questions to be attempted out of 50 in each language||45 minutes for each language||Language to be tested through Reading Comprehension based on different types of passages–Factual, Literary and Narrative, (Literary Aptitude and Vocabulary)|
|Section II||40 Questions to be attempted out of 50||45 Minutes for each Domain-Specific Subjects||Input text can be used for MCQ Based Questions
MCQs based on NCERT Class 12 syllabus only
|Section III||60 Questions to be attempted out of 75||60 minutes||Input text can be used for MCQ Based Questions
General Knowledge, Current Affairs, General Mental Ability, Numerical Ability, Quantitative Reasoning (Simple application of basic mathematical concepts arithmetic/algebra geometry/mensuration/s tat taught till Grade 8), Logical and Analytical Reasoning
Marking scheme: Candidates will be awarded one mark for each correct answer. There will be a negative marking of 0.25 mark for each incorrect answer.
SUBJECT FOR CUET 2022 EXAM
The syllabus of CUET will be of the same level as that of the NCERT Class 12 syllabus. The common subjects across the different courses of the CUET syllabus are; English, General Aptitude, Numerical Aptitude/Data Interpretation, Analytical Skills, Reasoning and General Knowledge. NTA has also released subject-wise syllabus which students must refer to while preparing for the exam. Get to know all of them by clicking on this link:
- NTA CUET (UG) Under Graduate Tests Section I (A) Languages (Hindi & English)
- NTA CUET (UG) Under Graduate Tests Section II Domain
- NTA CUET (UG) Under Graduate Test Tests Section III General Test
CUET 2022 EXAM PREPARATIONS
CUET 2022 Entrance Exam is a highly competitive and candidates appearing for the exam need to have a strategy and aim in order to score well and qualify. Aspirants are suggested to go through the following preparation strategy methods while preparing for CUET 2022 entrance exams.
- Thorough Understanding of Syllabus: Understanding the syllabus is the crucial part and the game-changer in the process of preparation. It gives candidates a perfect idea of how much to emphasize on each topic of every reaction. As the experts say thorough understanding of the syllabus creates an effective study schedule.
- Right Books: Books are your best friend, you might have heard this phrase, but the selection of the right friend is all that counts. Correct books are the gateway to better prepare for the exam, so it is very important for the aspirants to do the right selection of books.
- Revision: Mere mugging up the syllabus is not enough, but the revision of the concepts helps candidates what to recall what they have studied and are yet to be prepared. Make sure that your schedule has a proper revision pattern for every subject and treat each of them equally.
- Solve Previous Years’ Papers: Previous Years’ Papers give insights into not just the pattern but also the syllabus. Candidates are recommended to solve previous years’ papers which surely boost up candidates' preparation.
- Mock Papers Are Must to Practice: “Preparation is the key to success”. Mock tests help candidates to get the major strong and weak portion of the preparation. Mock tests also inculcate ‘Speed & Accuracy’ the two keys that help to develop time management skills.