Preparing for the Government exam is no joke, you’ve got to work really hard on every step to cease your seat as a perfect candidate for that particular post. As you all know, The Staff Selection Commission – Combined Graduation Level (SSC CGL) 2022 has released the recruitment notification on December 23rd 2021, for the candidates in the various department and ministries of ‘Grade D’ & ‘C’ under Government of India. Candidates who are seeking and preparing for this opportunity are required to apply on their official website @ssc.nic.in before the last date. In order to cease the seats, aspirants are required to have the minimum educational qualifications of upto graduation and should be within the age limit of 18-30 years as prescribed by the board.
|SSC CGL Recruitment Examination - 2022|
|Recruiting Body/ Organisation||Staff Selection Commission|
|Vacancy Name/ Post||SSC – CGL|
|No. of Vacancy||7035|
|Application Start Date||23rd December, 2021|
|Application Last Date||23rd January, 2022|
|Exam Date||Tier – 1 (April 2022)|
Examination Tips for the SSC CGL Tier – 1
SSC CGL 2022 Tier – 1 is conducted online comprising of 4 sections containing 25 questions in each with 50 marks. In short, Tier 1 – contain 100 questions in total with the maximum marks of 200, which needs to completed in the time span of 60 minutes.
The sections asked in SSC CGL Tier-I Exam are:
- General Intelligence & Reasoning
- General Awareness
- Quantitative Aptitude
- English Comprehension
|Section||No. of Questions||Total Marks||Time Allotted|
|General Intelligence & Reasoning||25||50||60 minutes|
|*There is a negative marking of 0.50 Marks for each wrong answer.
** No point will be deducted if the question is left blank or unattempted by a candidate.
Section – wise examination tips
How to Prepare General Intelligence and Reasoning for SSC CGL Exam 2022 Tier 1?
- Solve SSC CGL Practice Sets & Previous year's question papers as much as possible.
- Practice General Intelligence (GI) and Reasoning questions every day.
- Topics like puzzles, figure-based questions, analogy, coding-decoding, series, are highly scoring.
- Don’t skip the question from the non-verbal reasoning section which demands you to employ visual imagination.
- The only way to make the non-verbal reasoning less time consuming is practice them.
- Try to solved each question in 1 minute for the real time exam to check your speed and accuracy
- If you find difficulty in solving question don’t waste your precious time on that, move to the next question.
How to Prepare General Awareness for SSC CGL Tier 1 2022?
General Awareness in the recent years has become one of the scoring sections. If you are preparing this section 3 month prior to the examination, it will be prepared in the less span of time and that can be utilized in calculations of quantitative aptitude section.
- Focus more on the Statice GK as most of the questions come from the static GK than current Affairs
- Prepare the section according the trend and priority of the subjects included in it
- Make notes and mind maps for the better remembrance of facts and chronology to remember dates
- Try to attempt more question in the given span of time to get the real taste of the exam
- Make a habit of reading newspapers, blogs and magazines to keep an eye on the current affairs
- Make a schedule to revise this subject on a regular basis
How to Prepare Quantitative Aptitude for SSC CGL 2021-22 Tier 1
Quantitative Aptitude (QA) is considered to the toughest and most time-consuming section of the exam.
- Practice questions from Percentage, Profit & Loss, Boat & Stream, Ratio & Proportion ad Data Interpretation are counted in most important topics
- Make a list of formula’s, short cuts, concepts, tips to save time during calculation
- Focus more on the scoring topics like; Age, Interest, Percentage, Ratio & Proportion
- Memorize all the formulas, Short-cut tricks, Squares and its roots, Cube & Cube roots by heart
- Solve array of questions to know your strong and weak areas
- Aspirants are required to make the basics strong with Shortcut techniques
- Make sure that you practice this section at least 2 hours daily.
- Devote only 25 minutes to this section while attempt the paper and practice accordingly.
How to Prepare English Section for SSC CGL 2021-22 Tier 1
- Half of the battle is won for the English section is to work on Vocabulary, Grammar and Comprehension
- Read featured stories, opinion pieces of Editorial and magazine to strengthen your comprehension skills
- Get hold to our SSC CGL books for English language and grammar
- Practice atleast 2-3 Comprehensions each day for better grip
- When you come across the new words look for its meaning, synonyms and antonyms
- Read the newspaper daily
- As the pattern well known, try to complete the section in 20 minutes.
Get your hands on Arihant’s Highly Useful SSC CGL books and make your preparations well versed. We wish you all the best for the paper.